Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I change the headlight on my '92 Toyota Corrolla?

I am not very mechanically inclined, but as I am stretching cash lately, I am hoping that I might be able to do this myself.How do I change the headlight on my '92 Toyota Corrolla?Go to pepboys and buy the headlight bulb there, they install for you.



If you're changing the entire headlight, you have to take off the grille (the thing on the front of the car with the toyota symbol on it), usually has 3 screws you unscrew to do that. Then, you have to unscrew the nut for the parking lights (they're the lights next to the headlights on the outside), and slide those off. There should be some nuts where you removed the parking lights, unscrew those, and unscrew anything else attached to the headlights. They pop right off when there's no more screws attached, and you put the new ones in where the old ones were.



If you cant do it yourself, find someone who is mechanically inclined, it takes 20 minutes to do. It's very straight forward, I have a 94 corolla, and while they're different model years it should be the same concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment