Monday, September 19, 2011

Change the headlight bulb for my car?

I heard people said that if you touch the bulb with your hands, the bulb will burn out alot faster. What if I wear gloves when I install the light bulb, would that happen too? I'm gonna replace a burn out bulb on my car by myself the first time, want to make sure I do it correctly.



And anyone know where I can buy headlight bulb except auto parts stores? Does Wal-mart sell them?Change the headlight bulb for my car?Touching the bulb with your bare hands will degrade the glass (because of the oil on your skin and other contaminants). Some new bulbs come with cardboard sleeves, don't remove the sleeves while installing the bulbs. If the new bulbs don't come with sleeves use a clean tissue instead. Your gloves might have contaminants that will degrade the glass, better to use a clean tissue.



Also make sure the wattage matches the original bulbs i.e 60/55 watts high/low beam.



Hope this helps.Change the headlight bulb for my car?YES WALLY WORLD SHOULD SELL THEM. IT IS THE ONLY ON OUR HANDS THE CAUSES THEM TO BURN OUT FASTER GLOVES WILL WORK OR JUST USE A CLEAN PIECE OF PAPER TOWEL CHANGE BOTH RIGHT AWAY. HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCKChange the headlight bulb for my car?I've never heard that about touching a bulb. However, be sure to change both bulbs at the same time. You change just one and the other Will blow soon afterward. It's just the way it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment