Thursday, November 25, 2010

Would I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?

Or would they laugh at me at the call-center?



One of my front car's front headlights has blown.



I've checked with the manual and to change the headlight bulb, you have to remove the front bumper in order to get access.



Stupid design and a tricky job for the inexperienced.. there are clips to unclip and then like 15 torx screws to remove from different areas.



I reckon someone with experience could do it in 10 minutes.. but I can't do it... already had a try at it.Would I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?I called the AA out because my headlights weren't working - it was night and I couldn't drive the car safely without them - It turned out the switch had failed but they managed to sort out a work around until I could get a new one fitted. I would say you situation is similar - you can't legally drive the car at night as it is and you are unable to fix it so why shouldn't you ask them to help, so long as you have appropriate cover eg Home Start if the car is at home.

The mechanic will probably be quite happy to get something they can fix.......Would I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?Of course they will do. Just explain what you did on here! No probs!Would I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?Yeah course you can, the people at the call center can't even inflate a tyre.Would I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?i get bulbs changed for maybe 5 euros in a garage!



i dont know if it would be worth the hassle bringing them out for that! i think you might look a bit silly!Would I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?it's worth a try! the worst they can say is no, if they won't take it to a local garage or the place you get it serviced/dealership.Would I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?it wouldn't hurt to ask but i think they would say no unless you were on stuck on the side of the road in the dark when it blew and it wasn't safe to drive.Would I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?you have no rights especially not the right to take the mickey in any case bulbs are routine maintenance and down to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Would I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?if you can't do a simple bulb change then you should not be driving . you ever looked at that thing they call an engine.Would I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?Take it to the carage for repairWould I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?You should read your AAA policy documents in detail, as they will outline the specific things that they will cover. I think lock out, towing, jump start, and emergency refueling are the services that you can count of AAA road-side assistance to help you with.



I strongly suspect headlight bulb replacement wouldn't be covered since it is a routine maintenance procedure, and not a 'roadside emergency'



also, there is usually more than one way to get access to something a vehicle. take a look and see if there is something inside the engine compartment that you can easily remove. (for example, the battery or the air filter box)



you might also want to try an internet forum specific to your vehicle (or at the very least post the type of car) to read about what others have done in your situationWould I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?I think an auto repair garage would be more appropriate.Would I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?It depends how hard faced you are.You could call the AA,it's what you pay them for but this cover is supposed to be for emergencies,not jobs you can't be @rsed with.They probably would sort it for you.You will have to say that the problem has only just started and you daren't drive without your lights.If you are prepared to front it out when the guy looks at you with contempt and knows you are taking the p!ss then do it. You paid for the homestart option for a reason.Would I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?well i think that you could always ring them and ask them first they will not laugh at you but i have to admit green flag are a lot better and id change to another if they say but then i would also drive to my friends house then ring them as it sounds better than being at home. good luckWould I be within my rights to call the AA to come change my car's broken headlight bulb?if your a aa member,i think so as they would come out and fit your spare wheel on if you had a flat.its againt the law to drive a vehicle with out lights working propely even in daylight hours.so i think yes as part of ther job is road safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment