Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I am trying to change the headlight on my 98 toyota corolla.?

Has anyone else ever changed the headlights on a 1998 toyota corolla by themselves (not taking it to an auto parts store). I am having difficulty removing the cover and getting to the lamp.I am trying to change the headlight on my 98 toyota corolla.?you don,t need to do any thing from the front cover.

Just try to fit your hand on the back and twist the cover and pull it out.I am trying to change the headlight on my 98 toyota corolla.?Get a helms, haynes, or chilton manual. If you own a car then getting one of them is a must IMO. They will tell/show you everything you need to know on general maintenece plus more.



That is the best advice i have as im not too familar with toyota corollas, however on my car ('92 accord) I know you dont have to remove the cover... just pop the hood and screw out the old bulb from the back, and then plug the new one in.I am trying to change the headlight on my 98 toyota corolla.?I've had to change the taillight on my 97 avalon, and toyotas are very similar from model to model.



Basically, you need to pull it off. open the hood and get pull it of from the side. don't be afraid of hurting the car, it's designed that way. once you have if off, the bulbs will be on little mounts that you have to twist out of the sockets. half a rotation and they'll pull right out, it's a lock system.



Put the bulbs in the new light, and snap it in. If you have trouble talk to a mechanic.I am trying to change the headlight on my 98 toyota corolla.?well, if it is anything like my 2003 Toyota, you reach the bulb from the back under the vehicle fender. There is no need to remove the front cover because everything comes off the rear. Get a manual or just ask the service desk at a Toyota dealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment